+

Friday, November 20, 2009

Sunday Treats & De-lish Pie!

Sunday nights are one of my favorite times of the week. About four o'clock, Cody starts rooting through cookbooks and my recipe card box looking for something yummy. Once dinner is cleared away, he and Keegan get to work! Keegan loves this cooking time with Dad and is constantly testing spoons, investigating bowls, and squawks if you get between his line of vision with the mixer. I don't know if you can see it, but he has peanut butter under his lip (above) from a spatula in the sink. As an added bonus, our Sunday night treats usually make it over to Monday night so that I always have a treat for FHE (family home evening).The Young Women in my ward recently had a pie night to go along with our Personal Progress updating. I was given the recipe since I was busy checking the girls' books (I have 9 active Mia Maids) and I tried it out last night with some pumpkin pies. Our FHE group met last night at my house to exchange our FHE packets for the month and everyone loved the crust. Yeah! I'm attaching the recipe since everything is spelled out on it. It's pretty fool proof; however, it doesn't freeze well since there is a reaction between vinegar and baking soda. The lady demonstrating suggested leaving the vinegar out if you planned to freeze it.

I was very pleased that there was no soggy, uncooked bottom, the crust came together very quickly, and after testing the pie again today, the crust is still holding up!




1 comment:

Mary and Gary said...

That cooking time with Dad sounds like a good deal! I will tell Gary. He usually makes muffins on Sunday nights. Kind of strange right? I'll have to try that pie crust!!!