
Cody took us on a wild drive to this obscure little town called Toppenish on an Indian reservation last Saturday so that we could visit the Northern Pacific Railway's Santa Train and toy model museum. It was a hit! Keegan was good as gold and LOVED the big engines. Cody's coworker Kenny volunteers with this restoration society and gave us a ride up in the locomotive.


Between these two levers, the whole train can be controlled... a little simpler than I thought but we only traveled a mile or so. Kenny (below) was wearing a conductor's hat just like the conductors on Thomas the Tank Engine.



The museum was a well preserved depot with loads of model train displays for Christmas. I felt like we were back in England boarding the train for Shropshire; they obviously still use their depots.
Kenny was so excited that we came (he's still talking about it to Cody at work) that he took us on a personal tour of the steam locomotive that the group is working on restoring. It was surprisingly huge! We both walked in and went "whoa." You can see Cody and Kenny down in the left bottom corner for a height comparison if you haven't seen one of these babies in person. I was impressed.

Now, Cody is dreaming of building model train sets with Keegan once he's a little bigger. I think it's cute and a good hobby... when Keegan gets past the "I chew everything" stage.
2 comments:
That looks like an awesome museum. I think Owen would love it. Owen is always shouting out, "All Aboard" and he still loves his Thomas the trains! I will have to show Owen these pictures. Keegan looks so grown up. I can't believe it has been a year since we have seen everybody! I don't know where last year went? Also Congratulations Liz, on the new baby! I hope everything is going well for you.
so fun! what a cool thing to do.
Post a Comment