
For Keegan's birthday, the presents we got him were all things he needed like Sunday clothes and outside toys which had to be installed. Since he only has one present to open from us tomorrow, I felt a little day excursion was much needed, especially before baby arrives and I don't feel like going to the park. Zoo Boise is not the San Diego zoo but I was pleased with all the animals there and Keegan certainly kept busy running from exhibit to exhibit, smudging one glass wall to the next.


We had to arrive just as the park opened in order to feed the giraffes. They were a set of young boys, the adults stayed away, and they were very willing to accept our offerings. Keegan was a little unsure... wouldn't you be of that tongue?

Keegan was so excited to see the warthogs (pigs to him) he kept pulling out handfuls of Cody's hair. Such a good Dad.

The penguins were admired but the ducks in the park were just as exciting. I tried to capture Keegan's thrilled-beyond-words expression below. The first time he did it in Nursery at church here in Jerome, the gals had to ask us if he was ok. Cody politely asked if they had been blowing bubbles to which they said yes. Bubbles are one of his favorite things EVER and so the face.


The llamas were also a big hit since we recently discovered the book
Llama Llama Red Pajama from the library. Hilarious book.

Tigers of course elicited roaring. These were the biggest I'd ever seen.



Can you spot the real tortoise?

This little meerkat was just sitting on the ledge in the morning sun and studiously ignoring us. He was too cute to resist.

The sheep and goat feeding did not go over well. They were much more aggressive than the giraffes and Cody ended up doing most of the feeding.

Cody's family all came with us to the zoo (everyone was ready for something to do on the nicest day in weeks... lots of rain and cool) and had a blast making sure Keegan experienced everything there was to do. Thanks for the help everyone!

Keegan and Layton really enjoyed the ride.

After a yummy lunch at the Olive Garden, it was not long on the freeway that a fascination for trucks on the road gave way to utter exhaustion.
2 comments:
Looks like you have a very nice zoo to go visit! Keegan looks really grown up. You should post more often so I'm not surprised when I see him!
What a cutie!
I'm glad to finally catch up with your postings from earlier. He is too cute.
Post a Comment