Ah, yeah... welcome back to the blogging world to me. I have a smörgåsbord of pictures and just a little time before I must go feed baby, eat dinner, and take my other two boys to the County Fair demo derby. Life is good, no?
First, I had a fat baby (June 11, 2010).
Then, we brought fat baby home to fatten him still more every 3 hours.
We then introduced fat baby to the original fat baby who is still not sure whether he likes the fatter baby.
Fat baby was blessed at church and is settling into the family just fine.
A bandit nabbed my camera and took over thirty pictures like this:
Can you guess who this is?
Um, yep, you guessed! He left evidence behind and had Cody and I laughing pretty hard when we discovered this. I love the nose hairs.
Another reason for not blogging is that my fruit trees are coming on and my garden has decided to go APE! Gratefully, I can take my extra produce to church and the ladies there can have it. We are the only family it seems whose garden made it through the wet, cold spring. I attribute it to Cody's application of a fertilizer you can only get if you have an applicator's license. :o)
We got about 5 gallons of cherries off of one tree. We had a lot of success with using a tree net to keep the birds off. We left one cherry tree uncovered and the birds completely cleaned it.
He wasn't impressed.
8 comments:
I wish we lived closer so that I could have stolen some of your produce. My poor little spice garden just doesn't hold a candle to your garden. And I hear that Keegan is quite a little trouble maker now. But he's too cute to get into trouble, right?
That was such a cute post, Liz! I loved the Keegan stuff, both your writing and the pics. He's adorable!
I really like your baby blue strainer too... pretty.
glad to have you back!
Does this fat baby have a name or is his name Fat Baby, Jr.?? j/k Okay, so I miss you guys like mad these days. Garden is amazing. Keegan is hilarious. Flowers are stupendous. Later...
Maggie just told me that you posted! Sorry, I missed the debut of this very cute post cause I had just about given up on you and the blog thing! But, you have a glorious garden and a baby + Keegan while I have totally ignored my garden this year to focus of the twins + Hugo. I miss my garden. There is always next year. Loved your announcement by the way. And I really do have intentions of visiting the post office with a package which has your name on it!
Love you Lizzie - Ali
Hey You!
I think that pic of what you mentioned as plums look like sikel pears! They are a real treat! Very expensive in the stores, etc. They stay dark red and have a spicier flavor than regular pears. They are some what smaller so they will be harder to deal with.
And as far as plums go...give them the same treatment you gave the cherries. Canning is probably best for them but the CA group of kids loved them.
You have a pretty cute fat baby! Good idea about the net around your cherry tree. We only got about 15 cherries on our little tree, but the birds clean all of them off for us before I had to get my hands stained. : ) I just froze some of my broccoli today....tis the season for canning! Do you like spaghetti squash?
P.s. love the Keegan marks in your zucchini. Anything I give Hunter from the garden he will eat....once Gary handed him a leaf from a tree to hold and he took a bite out of it too...oops!
Congrats on your new baby Liz. Your boys are so cute. Glad to see all is going well in your new place. Its good to see you blogging again.
i'm just seeing this post and it's sooo cute!! keegan is hi-lar-e-OUS! what a stinker. glad you're seeing the humor in his little self. i think you should keep a running tally of fat baby's weight gain on the side of your blog...or maybe have a guessing game giveaway or something! ha ha! poor logan. love ya!
Post a Comment