I've finally surfaced after two months of who-ha-ing about like a bouncy ball from one party to the next. I'm tired! I was supposed to put Christmas away today, but Cody really thought he'd had enough of eating leftovers and packed me off the the grocery store sans the little ones. Christmas WILL come down tomorrow... I think... I hope.
What have we been up to? Glad you asked. Cody thought I needed a project in November so he told me to paint the bedroom because the blue hydrangeas were getting to him. Well, after the wallpaper border proved to be a part of the drywall, we sanded over it, primed and painted. We tried a technique from my friend Lacey where you paint the same color just in different sheens (i.e. eggshell and high satin). You do this in wide strips to create some fancy term finish. CODY ended up doing the entire project since someone has to keep an eye on the boys and the open paint cans; so I only did the touch ups... I'll be honest. Here are some pictures of the process:
7 comments:
So I'll be lazy and just post on this one for all of your recent posts. I LOVE your painted room. I wish we had a room that I could do this to and I am scheming as we speak - Gary only allows one painting project per year. (They usually end up like yours did....with me doing the touch ups.) Your christmas pictures are awesome. I agree about the perfect innocent happy child smiles you get while presents are being played with. I love the picture of Oliver under the kitchen table with Keegan's book. Such a little man - I can't believe how old he is getting! Oh, and beautiful blossom picture at the beginning of your blog....is that one of your trees????
It's actually a tree in England near Chedworth. Hilary, Lacey and I went to see the Roman villa there and ate lunch beneath this tree. Lovely.
It looks really good. I'm jealous that I can't paint in our little apartment. Maybe someday I'll have more freedom.
looks good liz! tell cody nice job. we're getting excited to see you next week.
great job! I really like it!
It looks beautiful Liz!! Love the different sheens of paint!
It looks really nice, good job! (p.s. can you take Bryan & my blog off your blog roll? We aren't blogging on those anymore. Thanks)
Post a Comment