
We did a little landscaping while Kristina, Cody's sister, visited last weekend. I found a design in "Sunset" about a small-space garden and decided to copy it for next year (see first blog posting to see what came of this year's garden). We still need to get some more topsoil for the raised beds and then hang wrought iron fencing on the wooden fence for all the veggie runners and flowers. I still need to pick out a centerpiece (ie. bird bath or large pot) before next spring. We'll see how it all turns out next year!

We're also looking ahead to the future (and the next owners) and planted a few 'October Glory' maples and a 'Thunderhead Pine'. I fell in love with the pine because it's surprisingly soft and it grows wider than it does high. Duke had to take a bite or two out of it to check it out... plus, it obstructs his view into the back patio door. We're hoping to punch a door into the garage near the AC unit and then get rid of the kennel but keep the dog house. Duke's proving to be much easier to discipline than Daisy- he runs right into his house when he's in trouble... he'll even do it when I walk outside, alerting me to the fact he did something wrong even though I haven't seen it. Strange dog.

3 comments:
When Duke lets you know he did something wrong makes me think of when I potty trained Owen. When he made a mistake, he would come to me, because he needs to be changed, but he also knew he was in big trouble. It was really sad. Poor Duke. Your yard looks nice.
The new project looks really nice! It also looks like a lot of work. I hope Kristina will come back!!
fun fun! can't wait to see how it turns out in the spring.
Post a Comment