+

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mexico 2011

This picture is a sunrise but I thought it was beautiful to start talking about our trip. Cody's parents took the whole family to Mexico and it was lovely... with one exception, it's not very relaxing with children. Work! But everyone played together and we made it through. Speaking of which, we made it through a long flight to Mexico and nothing further needs to be said, except I think Keegan's reaction to the ocean greatly emphasizes how glad we all were to be there.
Keegan ran right in without even changing; his diaper was enormous.
Oliver was a little bit more skeptical of the loud ocean and the wetness. He was ready for his bed and a proper sleep.
Akumal is located about 1 1/2 hours south of Cancun. We stayed in Half Moon Bay at Playa Blanca condos right on the beach. Our condo, we were surprised to see, was hurricane proof so everything was tile or cement... like the couch. Poor Oliver got a black eye right away. The sea breeze was great and you just can't beat living right on the beach with jungle across the road.

3 comments:

Josh or Kaylin said...

I love it. I wish we planned a trip this year that involved somewhere warm and a nice beach. Does Oliver have red hair? I love it. Fun to see a difference in the same gene pool.

Mary and Gary said...

The picture of Cody and Oliver near the ocean is so cute. Oliver looks like such a man. Keegan's emotions are see-through. Looks like he got good and sandy! Maybe Mexico should be on our list of future vacations....

KristyKay said...

Pics are really alluring!
Makes one wish....
But winter is leaving soon...right?

So glad you had a wonderful time.