+

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Rio Secreto

On Day 3, we ventured to Rio Secreto, which was way the heck off the road in the jungle. This was an adult only adventure due to the swimming in tight places so we arranged for a nice sitter, Maria, for the boys. It was wonderful! Our tour guide was named Flavio and he was in LOVE with Cody's sister, Stephanie. We had to follow him in duckling fashion through the cave (also made it easier for the photographer) and Stephanie got to be first next to Flavio. I was right behind her and got to snicker the whole way through at all the subtle... and not so subtle hints he was dropping. She easily could have had a date that night but I don't think Mexican is up her alley.
I couldn't resist this picture of Jared. The photographer staged himself all over and eventually you've had enough photos taken to start goofing off... except this is right at the beginning of the tour so typical Jared. We love him... especially Keegan. Jared's more like a superhero to him.
This photo where we're all sitting is really neat. There are no lights in the cave except the flashlight the guide carries. So when he shut it off it was pitch black. He tried to have us be all introspective but Ali and Jared were sitting next to each other giggling and I was wondering if Flavio was going to make a pass at Stephi in the dark so it didn't really work for me.
The swimming places were great because AGAIN tropical caves are warm and it felt great. I wanted to swim even in the ankle deep places. No sand either! It's all fine grain calcium which companies add to exfoliants. Very fine and very nice... except when you scrape your leg against an outcropping of calcium like several of us did. Clumsy Americans.
Like the fake smile and awkwardly not looking at the camera? Weird.
Lots of goofing off by this point. No introspection here.
This cavern was really neat and they let us do couples shots. Aww. Hey, it was our only date on the whole vacation.

2 comments:

A said...

That looks AMAZING!! I want to go!

millie said...

WOW, what an awesome place. It's really incredible!