+

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Too bad, Rod Stewart: Maggie May got married!!

Ha! I beat my sisters by posting my pictures first... of course, they're in Wisconsin (minus the honeymooner in Hawaii) playing with the folks so I guess that means I'm bored and they're having a great time. Anywho, Cody and I took a quick trip to Chicago last weekend to see my lovely sister, the last of the May crew, get married to Bryan Hughes in the Chicago Illinois Temple. Everything went just as it should, except for the very humid conditions when we stepped out of the temple, and everyone had a lovely time.
I got to see my family which pretty much says it all. Here's my Aunt Peg, Grandma Marge, and myself. There were six flower girls that held Maggie's train wherever she went and it was very cute.
The reception was uber pink and there were peonies- my favorite!
I had to check out the cake and decided that my skills are definitely not this good.
The couple's first dance. I was asked to dance by my daddy, which was unexpected and made me smile. Even Cody took me for a spin or two on the dance floor!
Three generation photos aren't as impressive as four generations, but at the rate I'm going, I'm never going to get a girl. Love my mom and grandma!
Here's my Uncle Jeff and cousin Jon and his wife Tiffy to the left. It was so nice to get to see my very limited extended family (I only have 4 cousins, people). We talked so much during lunch and laughed because Jon and Tiffy left their two boys at home, too. We never get a chance to just escape as couples and we were relishing it!
The boys. Brother Josh, brother-in-law Cesar and the hubby with a mirror reflection on his face. Cody was a good sport and wore a pink tie and even Joshua condescended to a tie with a minor pink stripe in it. Way to be!
Taylor and Jenn (below) were also flying solo; Adam was with the other grandparents. We flew downtown in the Egg (AKA two-door, white Toyota Yaris) and saw where Dark Knight was filmed with all the metro trains running above the streets. We ate some dinner and walked Clark Street, taking in all the really interesting buildings. Chicago is very cool. We'll need to come back sometime when we have more time. However, watch where you park: we got raped for $23 for an hour and one minute of parking!!! Eek! Love you, Jenn and Taylor!
Just as we were all ready to head our separate ways, we girls realized we didn't have a sister's picture. So here we are: me, Maggie, Ali, and Millie. That's right, you can say it: we're gorgeous.
Also needed, the full sisters photo with Kristene and Jenn. Now we're dead sexy. Man, our husbands are lucky. It was a great weekend and I crashed the moment we gathered our boys and walked in our door. Congrats, Maggie and Bryan!

I also need to give a big shout-out to Emily for taking Cody and I out to dinner and a comedy show after she had been moving to a new apartment all day. We had a great time!

4 comments:

SJW said...

Liz! I love it! Yes, gorgeous you are!! What a fun day. I love weddings, & I love pink. I can't believe Keegan man is 3. Miss you guys!

Mary and Gary said...

Wow! A weekend without the kiddos, I bet it was great! Your hair looked great for all of these pictures! Tell Cody he is a trooper for wearing a pink tie. Even after living in Stroud, I can't convince Gary that normal men wear pink. Darn Idahoans! The Chicago temple looks gorgeous. I'm glad you had a good time.
After girls camp you'll REALLY crash. : )
Let's do a play date when you are up and going again.

Alissa Nicolau said...

Fun post Lizzie! Glad we could see you and Cody, but I sure did miss seeing your boys! Maybe one day soon...

Maggie said...

Thanks, Liz, for this nice post about my wedding. I'm grateful you and Cody and so many of my siblings could make the long trip. It was a perfect day!! love, mh