Let me interject here to tell a great story: I brought the paint out to Cody just before the sun came down on Friday night. Our chickens were still out so I rounded them up, but just before they got to the coop, they slammed on the breaks. I was so busy tossing them inside and they flapping madly in protest that I didn't notice the SKUNK in the chicken coop. I threw open the door so the girls could escape (skunks are carnivorous) and ran to get Cody. By the time he returned with the gun, the skunk had escaped. Now the girls really don't want to get back into their roost. As we were rounding them up it was getting dark. Now, pretend you're a chicken and the large figure of my husband comes chasing you in the night. What to do? Stiffen up and fall over. Yep, one of the girls had a heart attack. Cody comes over to me with the chicken, its head hanging like a wet noodle and asks, "How do you check a pulse on a chicken?"
Saturday rolls around and after a birthday party and a funeral, we're finally able to get back to our project. While the boys slept, we hauled in all the parts. After the initial installation, the boys and I were pretty much little help until Cody finished putting in all the screws.

I was ready to wuss out at this point and leave it all white but then I figured the primer would get all scuffed from the shoes and I should probably use the rest of the paint.
We put the boys in bed and slapped on the first coat of paint.
After another coat of paint Sunday morning (I know I'm so bad for doing this on the Sabbath but all my clothes were in the living room and I was getting weirded out from changing in my front window), we were finally finished. My favorite part is that I can see all of my shoes! What a weekend!


Cody and I are available starting in November for hire in your upcoming home organizing projects! Just kidding. I need a nap.
+
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Weekend Warriors and Chicken Heart Attacks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
W O W !!
I love it! I have to admit that I zoomed in on your shoes and decided that I need to get with the program.... you have some awesome shoes!!!!
Cody has such a commanding presence that chickens have heart attacks. That is not something that can be taught. Ha.
I am very impressed that you started and finished such a big project in just 2 days!!!!!!
That looks great Liz!! Makes me want to do the same thing! :)
it's so great! i spied those strappy yellow shoes that i love!! nice work you guys
So jealous! I have wanted a closet like that for a long time... I finally had to invest in a shoe rack thing that hangs in my closet but yours is so much nicer.
I am in dire need of closet re-doing! Mine is an awkward shape and there's a window... My brain freezes each time I open the door. Great job you guys!!
I think the whole project looks wonderful!
However, I began counting and decided that the shoe department is heavily stacked in YOUR favor...like nine shelves to two!!!
looks fabulous! My only comment is: oh, you'll need more racks for shoes later on, cuz you're only in your 20s! :)
Wow. I always knew you were a closet queen, but a shoe queen, too? You go girl!
Post a Comment