
I was in charge of mutual this past Wednesday and I've been dying to do this activity since I found it on MormonShare.com. The YW president had a busy weekend with the wedding of her daughter so she relented and left me in charge of the night. Schweet!! I rounded up some dress forms, pictures, and- of course- wedding dresses of the YW presidency. We displayed them and I talked about the dress standards in the temple, which the girls were surprised to hear. I then talked about the importance of the temple ceremony and the real focus of their upcoming wedding days... spiritual moment, it was great.


Then, the mayhem started! I had no idea the monster I unleashed when I turned them off to their rooms. There was enough shrieks and giggling to fuel an entire city for a week! Everything was top secret so the dresses would be a surprise for one another and they could barely manage the anticipation- especially the Beehives: they are prone to hyperventilating. Here are the dresses in progress. These are the Laurels who were the quietest group but I loved the scrollwork they came up with. In fact, all the ideas were completely their's and so creative!


These are my Mia Maids- love these girls. They were intense and very prone to giggles so we (my advisor and I) tried to keep them on target.


The Beehives were neigh unto useless with frantic, expectant nerves by the end so they got some help from their leaders... just a few months and I'll have all of them too. Oh boy.
7 comments:
Looks like a fun activity.
I can't believe those are napkins! That is amazing Liz! I just was called as Mia Maid advisor and so I hope you will send me some ideas! This is so amazing! Wow! It looks really fun!
shoot! these are amazingly creative dresses, for being made from napkins! seriously!
So cute, love it!!
I love this activity. I've seen it on a few websites and am so glad you did it! I think your girls did awesome! Their dresses look fabulous!
I am impressed with what they came up with. I like the tiered one the best.
Holy Cow! Those are amazing! I can't believe those are napkin dresses.
Post a Comment