+

Saturday, August 15, 2009

How to Tackle an Onion

Step 1: Protective eyewear is a must. I was balling after cutting two Cipollini onions and I thought to myself "welding is easier than this" then *LIGHT BULB* I remembered my goggles.
Step Two: Clean all the mud off before you cut. Yeah, sometimes I'm just not thinking and I wind up getting dirt everywhere.Step Three: Chop everything in sight as fast as you can! You are able to enjoy maximum comfort behind your goggles the quicker the onions are packaged nicely for easy access in snack bags (inside storage bags- Thanks, Mary!).
Anyone else's garden going bananas? I picked all this this morning- the zucchinis were already shredded and in the freezer. Everything is on the stove because my counters are covered!!! Eeek!
P.S. The watermelon is on and I'm not sharing.

4 comments:

Mary and Gary said...

Good job. You're brave. I let gary handle the heavy duty job like cutting the onions! Your peppers look awesome! What do you do with your carrots?

A said...

Your veggies look AMAZING!! I can't wait for next summer when I can start my own garden! I'm coming to you for all my garden questions!

Maggie said...

lol! funny post, Liz :) can you send me some veggies, overnight them or something?? :)

KristyKay said...

WOW! What a haul. Everything looks marvelous! Those are amazing carrots and peppers. Do you have the recipe for stuffed peppers? Your dirt much be super-charged. Kudos!