+

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Summer Visit to the Midwest

True to form, I'm a terrible picture-taker. I don't take terrible shots, I just forget to take my camera out of my purse and take a few snapshots for the future. So, if you really want to SEE the trip Millie and I took with our kids, check out her blog. But here are a few pictures of the people (mostly) that I saw on our trip and a few fun tidbits:
April and Emily graciously opened up their homes to Keegan and I. Both have wonderful homes in Madison and Chicago, respectively, and both have pets that are probably still quaking from Keegan's presence. We made a stop on State Street in Madison for some window shopping and lunch at Baraka's Ethiopian restuarant (could be my favorite). This sign comes from an ice cream shop on State Street... can't remember the name but I'm sure Maggie remembers it clearly. This sign is held by a large cow is my motto when it comes to eating Wisconsin ice cream (or dairy products). Oh, baby.
Here's Keegan with Great-Grandma Marge for him. She kept calling him a doll. She kept pinching his cheeks and brushing his blonde hair... he gets that treatment a lot from me, too.
Keegan wandered into the Rainbow Room at Grandma's house and even though the rainbows aren't present in this photo, I love his expression as he watched the rainbows spin across the room.
Hazel's still kicking everyone! Aunt Hazel was happy to see us all; again, we left her cat a little terrorized. The Ted's pizza afterwards was remarkable.

I made a few stops to see some old friends. I saw Teddy and Shirley Aaron (this is Teddy with Keegan). Keegan loved him and even got a tour of all the wildlife in the basement which includes a real tiger! I also stopped by to see Mel and Diane Maves. Those two make me laugh so easily; they're true characters.

Our trip was really nice, stressful only because it was my first extended stay without Cody. But it was great to be back in the Midwest again... miss that green and the rain.

2 comments:

A said...

Love the pictures! And the ice cream shop we went to is called (very appropriately) Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream.

KristyKay said...

Great post! Good to see everyone and I am so glad that you both made the effort.