+

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Exploring New Places

The past few weeks have been a little different for our family. Keegan's scaling everything but the refrigerator but I don't think it'll be long. He is constantly getting stuck in his Mega Blocks bin, wedging himself between furniture, and closing doors throwing himself into complete darkness. Mom to the rescue! He's made quite a game of it and that's where I get run down by the end of the day. I tell him, "You shut that door, you figure out how to open it."

I especially love how he tears his room apart every day. We transformed his bed to the toddler version a few weeks ago and he loves the freedom. It's good for my OCD to let him play destruct-o and then clean up at the end of the day and not every time he touches something. Here's some pictures from the first night his crib was a bed:
He couldn't quite get into bed but he's since figured that out. Kind of cute though. Oh, and I've since realized that any toys need to go in the closet bins where I can shut the door on them; otherwise, he stays awake and plays... he's since made a game of opening and shutting his dresser drawers. Sigh.
Can't complain too much, he's still pretty darn cute and keeps us laughing with his antics. We've also been trying some Indian food lately and it's been pretty hilarious. To set the record straight, I'm not good at cooking Indian food. April and Emily have been giving me recipes and I'm sure I've messed them up because the food was pretty interesting. I'm sure they cook it right.
I cooked red lentils in curry and I added way too much curry powder. Keegan wouldn't touch the stuff and Cody was very nice and ate a big plate. The naan bread was de-lish!! We "grilled" it on our George Foreman and it was the redeeming, edible item of the night.
Poor Cody... he did not have such a good night afterwards. He spent much of the evening in the bathroom. He's such a trooper.

4 comments:

Alissa Nicolau said...

Your life sure does change as your "baby" suddenly turns into a moving, climbing, thinking dare devil of a toddler! Before you know it, you'll have adapted and forgotten (mostly) about his immobile, quiet, easy previous ways. Life with Keegan will soon become more fulfilling for you. I love having a boy. I love all the boy things that Hugo is into and that I can be a part of. Two girls on the ways scares me to pieces!

Mary and Gary said...

So many responses to your post....WOW Indian food! I miss the kind you can just pick up in the store in England. Naan bread sounds sooo good! Good job figuring out how to cook it on the Foreman. You should post how.... I love husbands that just eat anything you cook. Good boys. I look at Keegan and see a future Hunter. Good luck. Make sure you pass on any tips you learn! It would be a lot harder if he weren't so cute, wouldn't it?

K May said...

I have been wanting to try Naan. I've heard it is very good.

A said...

You get a gold start for the effort with the food!

I can't believe Keegan is suddenly a little boy! He isn't a baby anymore!