+

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Chickens say BOK BOK!

We have new friends at our house. We acquired 10 Golden Sex Link laying hens... well, hens someday. Keegan is fascinated and asked all day if we could go check on the chickens again. My favorite is when he walks around the house saying, "Chickens say BOK BOK!" I had to stress being very quiet around the chicks and saying cheep cheep (Mary, we can practice with Hunter). You can see from the picture that they are still pretty leery of the boy in the blue jacket.

P.S. Keegan is doing very well on potty training; although, today we had two accidents, but they are my fault for getting preoccupied with cleaning and making dinner, respectively. Better luck tomorrow.

P.P.S. I received my Personal Progress award for Young Women's last night. Woot woot!

4 comments:

Mary and Gary said...

Can't wait to meet those little BOK BOK's. Ha. Hunter can sometimes be quiet....but if Keegan is there - I can imagine the excitement. : ) They're cute.

KristyKay said...

Those look like fun!
Will they be like Kristene's big fluffy caramel colored ones? I wonder if they will all form a "guppy swarm" like hers did and wander all about like they were glued together? Funny.
Mom XXX

millie said...

they are very cute. i'd like to hold one at this size, does it hurt when they peck you?

Annie and Family said...

Oh man we really need to come see you all again the next time we are in the neighborhood. My kids are eating that picture up! (We were just reading the word "Downy" and I was trying to tell them what it ment)
Good luck with potty training. I think every mom who's potty training a child needs a cheer leader to tell them that it will all be over soon and very worth it!
Hope to see you all soon!