+

Friday, April 1, 2011

Tulum

Tulum is one of the National Geographic's must-see sites. My amateur opinion: ehh... not shabby but this is one of those times when a guide makes or breaks it for you. Our's was old and had something strong mixed with the orange juice he carried around. Very odd.
The stroller posse were striking poses. Layton, once again, showed us all how sunglasses are done.
Keegan was in heaven with his very, very favorite: Miss Stephi. She's his pal, always has been; he'll be devastated when she gets married.
The Mayans were little people and their ancestors are still small. Only the royal family lived within the walls and in the buildings. Everyone else lived outside pretty much in the jungle. There were iguanas all over and Keegan loved them. I was petrified that I was going to wind up unclamping jaws from Keegan's leg.
Here's a male and a female guarding their nest. We mostly stayed on trails following our guide around so I didn't think it was very nice since we couldn't explore. Then again, lots of foot traffic here. It was also really hot so I kept wishing the guide would hurry up and that Oliver wouldn't lose his cool, literally.
This is the king's house.

No comments: