+

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hidden Worlds

Probably the best day of the whole trip was spent with the family at Hidden Worlds. We had our own guides and didn't even see another group until we were ready to leave! Wonderful! We started out the morning with a vigorous jungle buggy that got Jenni nice and sick. She stayed with Oliver while the rest of us sky cycled through the jungle tops. It was a workout, let me tell you. I was so glad Cody had Keegan and I didn't have Oliver. I don't know how I would have kept him still. It was a little wobbly at times but so neat and the return trip brought you back through dark caves... so fun!
Next, we each got to zipline through the jungle and Keegan was brave and went with Cody. After he saw Jamie go with his dad, Jeremy (Kristina's husband), he was all for doing it. Those two were like lemurs: if one jumped, well guess what... He loved it and couldn't stop talking about it.
Then came cave ziplining. Frontwards and backwards as much as you wanted into a wet cenote. You couldn't see the end from the beginning so Cody went first and Keegan went right behind him. My brave little man! I had a mother's fear as I saw him disappear high above the water, but he even did it a second time; it was that great!
He even kept his legs crossed like the guide told him.
I passed on the rappelling to pacify Oliver who was seriously looking for a nap by this time and only had his stroller. They all hung upsidedown and some couples even did the Spiderman kiss.
One last cenote snorkle to see the cave fishies before lunch.
And let's not forget the Avitar. Rollerblades on a metal pipe bent like a roller coaster through the jungle, into a black tube, and out around the top of the cenote into water. I was petrified and only did it once. I had serious misgivings. Cody couldn't get enough of it. I think he did it three times.

3 comments:

Mary and Gary said...

Oh my gosh. That seriously looks so fun. I think I would be scared to death not to be able to see anything...like if it took me into a cave. I am very impressed that Keegan even kept his legs crossed. How obedient!

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

Liz,
Where the heck are you guys?
That is awesome! My kids would die
to do all of that repelling and zipping. Awesome! I'm glad you guys
had such a great adventure!

millie said...

i agree! that looks like so much fun!! woo hoo!