Duke has been moping and now he's quarantined as he's developed a case of ringworm. The cats at Cody's parent's house were kind enough to pass it on and I'm frantically scrubbing everything that Duke's touched. So far, no appearances on us but I'm not too optimistic that we're going to escape the cycle. Although Duke is alone, he's still trying to keep me on my toes... he doesn't dig near as much as when Daisy was around, but he likes to drag the hose around the yard, pull his blankets out of his doghouse and shred them, and his latest effort: make the picnic table uninhabitable for future barbeques. Ho hum, said the Holly Berries.
+
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
And then there was one...
Yep, Daisy pulled one too many fast ones so she's been given her walking papers. Although, if one is going to be honest, she's probably much happier than Duke is for she's got two new doggie friends, 20 acres to roam and a swimming pond. She's now in Oregon with her new owners and they have two young children who just about devoured her when we made the exchange. I feel much better about the whole thing (I was feeling really guilty for giving up on her but I simply don't have the time or the patience right now), and since it all fell into place so quickly, I know that this is the best for everyone.
Duke has been moping and now he's quarantined as he's developed a case of ringworm. The cats at Cody's parent's house were kind enough to pass it on and I'm frantically scrubbing everything that Duke's touched. So far, no appearances on us but I'm not too optimistic that we're going to escape the cycle. Although Duke is alone, he's still trying to keep me on my toes... he doesn't dig near as much as when Daisy was around, but he likes to drag the hose around the yard, pull his blankets out of his doghouse and shred them, and his latest effort: make the picnic table uninhabitable for future barbeques. Ho hum, said the Holly Berries.
Duke has been moping and now he's quarantined as he's developed a case of ringworm. The cats at Cody's parent's house were kind enough to pass it on and I'm frantically scrubbing everything that Duke's touched. So far, no appearances on us but I'm not too optimistic that we're going to escape the cycle. Although Duke is alone, he's still trying to keep me on my toes... he doesn't dig near as much as when Daisy was around, but he likes to drag the hose around the yard, pull his blankets out of his doghouse and shred them, and his latest effort: make the picnic table uninhabitable for future barbeques. Ho hum, said the Holly Berries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well it will work out for the best. He actually doesn't look very sad! Actually, for one who has conquered a recent "no-no" place, he looks pretty happy and content!
sad, but better i'm sure. good luck with the worms...
Post a Comment