So, here's how to ellicit a smile from Keegan, aside from his gaseous after-feeding smiles. You first start with a blank canvas...

After a few words in baby talk, he'll give you the "are-you-serious-face?"...

And then you have to endure the "I-can't-believe-she's-my-mother" face...

He'll warm up soon after that and begin his range of sounds, telling some fantastical tale much like his mother did in her early days...
He gets so worked up in his storytelling that suddenly...
The smile BURSTS FORTH and is fleeting but radiant in its intensity causing much spontaneous joy from his parents!!!

A note for the untrained: he'll demand a nap soon thereafter as creating smiles are quite a bit of work... as you can only imagine. *Smile.* Oh, and need I mention: do not disturb!

4 comments:
That last picture with the boppy pillow is very sweet! What happened at your concert?
Very cute post Liz! He's changed a lot since your last post. I realize that this happens a lot in the first few months, but it's always so drastic when you don't see them regularly! I have to agree with Ali that the last photo is so very sweet! That's the kind of thing you'll always remember!
Yep. Sweet. I read this book called "Operating Instructions," by Anne Lammott (sp?). The entire book is journal entries about the first year of her baby boy's life. Quite hilarious, but one thing out of that book always stayed with me, and I think Keegan has that look with you. She said that when her baby looked at her, it was the closest she would ever feel to being like Jesus. You can tell Keegan worships you by those pictures. Those are the glory moments of being a mom! Way to go Liz!
He is really so cute!! As for the charm and attention getting grins and smiles, he has learned from one of the best! Take as many pics as you can, because these days are so fleeting. Also, never feel guilty about the time you spend staring down at his darling little face.
Post a Comment