+

Saturday, February 14, 2009

For My Sweet Tooth

Yep, I can't seem to stay away from them: I made a Valentine's Day cake. This cake decorating has severely limited my creative genius on anything other dessert than cakes. Oh, well. I had to hurry and make this one while Keegan was napping. My kitchen was pink from top to bottom when I'd finished and I now own a pink, not white, spatula. Apparently, cake dye gets darker the longer it sets so here (below) my cake is pink and today my cake is red... weird. My edges are getting better, right? I also transfered the writing with this cake and need more practice with writing, I think.

4 comments:

Alissa Nicolau said...

I think this is so sweet! Cody must love all the attention and your newly honed mad skills with a tube of sugar.

Happy Valentine's Day!

KristyKay said...

That cake is really very pretty. I like the little hearts made out of the simple dots..never thought of that!

A said...

Who knew you were a cake baking genious!?!

What a great way to use your creativity! You could make yourself a nice little business! Your cakes look great and it sounds like you're just going to get better!

I wish I was there to help you and Cody eat your creations!! :)

rubytubes said...

very cute idea!! i bet cody loved it!