Can I just say how much I love, L-O-V-E my husband? Since we were on the road for our anniversary on December 28 and Valentine's Day is fast approaching, I thought I'd take a moment to reflect on the man I married over four years ago.First off, not only did he have the good sense to ask me to marry him after 2 months of dating, but he decided we would fly to Wisconsin so he could talk with my dad. Cody proposed down by the river on one of my favorite reading trees; he did not know that at the time which made it that much more endearing.

We were married in a jiffy (when you get caught making out in a steamy car by the midnight patrol you should hurry up the date) and I knew as I went to the temple with Cody that he was just the right man for me. Mom and Dad offered Cody a return policy, but after the wedding said policy mysteriously expired... that's ok, he's says I'm a keeper. After 2 months of marriage, I recall the day we looked at each other and wondered what we ever did without the other. Palpitations!
He earns the prize for best birthday EVER (he's welcome to top it): Brussels, Belguim... eating mussels and lobster in an open-air restaurant... buying me my smoky topaz pretties and sparkly shoes... and people watching at the Grand Platz in the evening while eating Belgium waffles and butter truffles. He loves to spoil me, what can I say? I'm very receptive to it.
Thank goodness families can be together forever because this lifetime isn't long enough!
3 comments:
Happy late anniversary Lizzie and Cody!
You are lucky because now he needs to outdo each birthday. I keep telling Gary that every Anniversary..so far so good, but I'm not sure next year will be quite as uncomplicated. Great wedding pictures. I loved that France trip with you guys! We got to see some cool stuff!!!! Oh and don't you love that when you travel with just the two of you the pictures you have always end up like the one of you guys in Belgium? We have a bunch of our head shots too. :) Happy Anniversary! (Late)
Lizzie,
What a sweet post! Your photos are so cute. I loved coming to Utah for your wedding. It was so beautiful there and you guys looked so perfect.
Happy Valentine's Day!
April
Post a Comment