+

Monday, February 2, 2009

End of Wilton Course 1

Wow, these four weeks have flown, which is good because January and February are terrible cabin fever months for me. This cake decorating is getting a little more involved and complex than I was thinking but it's turned out to be addictive!
We made the Wilton rose in class today, and please do not laugh, I tried very hard. My icing was a bit stiff so I made more ruffly petals but I do like things a little more disheveled when it comes to flowers. I was also shooting for a dark chocolate brown icing and apparently the brown I have doesn't do dark... so use your imagination and I'll work on my coloring in the meantime. :o)
The clown cake was from class 3 last week and it was more of a practice cake (a lot of different styles rather than putting together a complete cake) and that's why it's divided in sections. I really like making simple flowers and borders and I've already signed up for the next course!

6 comments:

KristyKay said...

I think those roses look real! Floppy petals and all!!
You're doing a real good job! I wish my birthday was coming.

Alissa Nicolau said...

Great job Lizzie! Your photos make me wish that I could sign up for the class too. I need me some cake decorating skills.

Lacey Harris said...

Looks good Liz! I took those classes once with some roommates of mine. Yeah, so every week we had 3 cakes at our apartment. It was ridiculous, but so fun. We had lots of boys come see us during that time, hahaha! Seriously though, looks good.

millie said...

Nice job! You should have told me that you'd posted when we talked!! Your cakes look really nice.

Maggie said...

Great job, Liz! I think your work looks just like what I see at the store.

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

Good job Liz!