The red-eye flight was not so fun on our way to San Juan, Puerto Rico, but thankfully, there were merciful couples who wanted to play with Keegan and help keep him occupied. He was passed all around our plane and it helped us catch up on a few ZZZs. This is his "I'm-so-sleepy-right-now-I-don't-know-what-wind-I'm-on" smile as we settled into our stateroom aboard the Royal Caribbean's Serenade of the Seas.
And this is him 30 seconds later...
We took it easy the first night and had a scrumptious dinner (I ended up buying the cookbook from the ship). I tried a Vidalia Onion Tart that is soon to follow on Dinner Plate Pancakes... YUMMY. We celebrated Layton's birthday, took a spin around the miniature golf course, and danced what was left of the night away!

(Can't forget the mandatory evacuation practice.)

We all slept like logs and this was Keegan the next morning... Amazing, huh? We travelled through the night each night to a new island so we awoke to the beautiful island of St. Thomas. Lovely, lovely island. I loved seeing all the boats and yachts... Uncle Jeff would fit right in. Our first day was the beach day so after a little morning shopping we loaded up to go to Magen's Bay.
Magen's Bay is one of National Geographic's Top 10 beaches. It is so blue and the sand is white and fine. The whole island is lush and very photogenic.
Cody's sisters started in right away with their sand drawings and even a little something special...

We caught a merman! Keegan loved the feel of the sand, although, unlike cousin Carley, he didn't try to eat much. The sun was warm and the water was cool. Perfect conditions for Keegan's first swimming outting. What a way to start out, eh? P.S. Cody's sister will do anything for a modeling photo shoot. They're crazy, but they're beautiful so it doesn't matter. :o)

We all had an afternoon siesta on the beach before heading back to the ship. Mom kept on the lookout for brown lizards and curious pigeons.
We were the only participants for a volleyball competition, other than two young French boys, but it was still fun. The court was really hot and I think it contributed to the sunburn I had at dinner. Oh, well.
I was on the gold medal winning team but Keegan wasn't very fascinated.
Our first night was a formal dinner and this is the best picture I got. At least my men looked sharp. The kitchen was very accomodating for Keegan and made him a monster plate of mashed peas and later I got them to skim down to a modest bowl of sweet potatoes. Wonderful service!
4 comments:
Looks like loads of fun! Keegan is quite the trooper to have all that going on and still nap at the drop of a pin. I'm glad that you went.
Looks like you guys had a great time--very cool. I'd rather be there than here right now, as I'm chained to my desk. Loved all the pics of Keegan of course, he's such a joy! :)
Wow! What cruise line did you go on? That island is beautiful. Keegan looks soo much bigger than when we saw him at Christmas. Love the suit for him as well. The pictures are great. I am glad you had a good time! Any sea legs now that you're back??
I loved that picture of Keegan politely smiling for the camera before he passed out. That was really cute Liz. It looks like tons of fun! I am glad you could take a little trip and get away!
Post a Comment