+

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Beautiful Barbados

Barbados was probably the busiest we were on any island. We commandeered a van with our own personal driver and headed off to see the sights! Our first stop was Harrison's Cave, which is very extensive, and was I in for a surprise. I brought all this extra gear preparing for the chill of being underground... well, in the Caribbean, caves are HOT! Oh, it was terrible. The humidity was high, Keegan was ready for a nap, we were in confined spaces- underground. It was beautiful, don't get me wrong, but the timing was wrong for Keegan and a baby's scream echoes REAL well underground, let me just reassure you on that point. Even better, Keegan threw a fit and tossed his binky out of the tram within minutes of entering the cave. I guess that's something for geologists to find in a couple hundred years. A little piece of Keegan. Yikes.
These are forced, stressed smiles.
The girls weren't bothered. Time for some more posing. We then drove to this height where there were roadside sellers. I think it's the epitome of a tourist trap. :o) I thought this was the beach we were going to but it wasn't. We stopped next to a sugar cane field and the driver cut us some stalks to chew. The other tourist buses there joined our group for the goods. Mooches, get your own guide!Needless to say, the sugar cane was a hit. When you bite down on the stalk, it's like chewing celery (stringy) filled with pockets of sugar. Very yummy and our guide says it's a natural baby soother. Keegan wouldn't let it go.
Next stop was a nature preserve which we were all surprised at. We had forgotten this was on the list of places to go. There was a ton of animals there and I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.
After a drive past one of Tiger Wood's favorite golf sites and Rhianna's new home we stopped at the beach for our last dip in the Caribbean.
Before we boarded, I spotted this sign and couldn't resist.

1 comment:

millie said...

thanks for thinking of me! keegan is so cute chomping that sugarcane to death!