+

Friday, October 16, 2009

Ace of Cakes

I keep forgetting to post these photos. For Dean's 50th birthday party, Jenni, one of Cody's sisters, wanted to make a 3D cake. Kristina, another sister, and Jenni planned the layout and cut and assembled the cake after figuring out the logistics. Then, it was my turn. I piped 'dirt' rows underneath before we placed the cake. I added the cake (made with frosted layers!), decorated, cut out tires and decorated those separately. Last, I piped on the decals (you can't really see them in this photo like the lights and hazard sign in the back) and wrote a little message on the front. Jenni and I looked at each other at the end of the night (it was a day-long process) and said we'd never do this again... but then I remembered that I have many birthday cakes ahead of me. I think both of our dreams of working for Ace of Cakes went out the window.

3 comments:

Mary and Gary said...

I couldn't be more impressed! Were you brave enough to actually eat the cake after all that work?

Maggie said...

Wow, good job! I would probably give up & rush-order it instead. :)

is Keegan up for the silly face challenge this week?

millie said...

looks awesome liz! you guys did a great job!