+

Friday, October 16, 2009

Smorgas Board

Cody's family is getting restless for pictures of Keegan- apparently Cody and I are NOT cool enough- so I will supply pictures of the 'chosen' one as the Aunties like to call him. He's been a character lately. About a month ago, Cody was watching TV while I was at mutual activities when he heard a very loud thunk from Keegan's room. He'd been quiet for awhile and Cody was scared a bookshelf had fallen. Keegan was screaming, and when Cody opened the door, he could not figure out what had happened. The next night after Keegan had been asleep for awhile it happened again. I was upstairs and opened the door to find a confused baby boy on his back with his legs pointing up the dresser. Now, given his propensity to climb anything, I deduced that Keegan crawled up his glider, got onto his dresser where the books are kept, and fell asleep. Only my child would fall asleep on his dresser from reading his books and then roll off to be awakened abruptly. So we called ourselves terrible parents and moved the glider. The night thunking has stopped.Now we've upgraded to ovens. Yes, I said ovens. Keegan thinks it is a fun game of 'keep away' each time I open the hot oven. He got one past the goalie two nights ago and fully realized what the word 'hot' means. He grabbed the oven rack at 425 degrees. He was not pleased. I felt terrible again. The area between his thumb and forefinger is one massive blister. Cody took a picture but I refuse to have tangible proof that I neglect my child laying around the house. (I have a feeling that his adolenscent years are going to be very hard on him physically.) Each time I open the oven now Keegan starts to cry.

We have had fun with Keegan's favorite ladies: AnnMarie and Carley Wolfley. They came over for some playtime and Keegan just about turns inside out. AnnMarie is the cutest and she's got several dolls and they are all named- not just baby names, mind you, but sensible names like Baby Deborah. I kid you not. It is hilarious. Baby Deborah, AnnMarie and Keegan are here on the couch and Carley is down below. She is a chatterbox; she even talks herself to sleep! She did that when we watched the kids one night. She was yacking away to Cody when all the sudden he realized she'd stopped. He looked down and sure enough she was out cold. They're great girls.
As for me, I'm doing a little substitute teaching during the week to keep busy. I finally pulled out the garden and everything's put up or in the freezer. I still have gobs of apples but I did applesauce and apple pie filling for the first time this year. Cody is busy with groundwork now that harvest is winding down. Now it's all reports and meetings to sit through. Fun, fun.


Here's a little video of some of the dance moves we've been working on. Keegan really gets into it when his favorite shows come on in the morning. This is an average performance:

Girls, we're going to have a dance party next weekend!

4 comments:

Alissa Nicolau said...

Keegan dancing is adorable Lizzie! It's fun to hear how he is growing into an exploring little boy.

I am amazed at your canning skills! Wish I knew where to begin...

Mary and Gary said...

Let me guess...you were dancing behind the camera too weren't you!?! Is making apple pie filling hard? I've been thinking about doing it but just haven't found the courage after my salsa adventures this summer. That stinks about the oven, but as long as he remembers...I guess he wont do it again right? I think I tell you this everytime you post something about the Chosen One, but I feel like I'm looking into a futuristic mirror...thanks for the tip about the glider. I can't wait until you come out! You and Lacey can talk babies!

Maggie said...

Thanks for the video--it was great to 'see' Keegan again. I haven't seen him since Christmas... Can you guys come for Taylor's baby blessing maybe??? :)

And you are not a neglectful mother because Keegan got burned. That is incredible though, that he touched the rack at 400 degrees! Poor guy.

KristyKay said...

Very cute! I chuckled during the whole thing! He will hate you forever!!!!