We had a lovely time in Idaho with Grandma and Grandpa Bingham and the Aunts... yes, and there is Uncle Layton, but he's so outnumbered in the girl department that he's included in any place I mention "the Aunts." We were showered with lots of love and both of us came home exhausted. Too exhausted it seems since I succumbed to a week-long cold, but we did then have the opportunity for a lot of snuggle time. Poor Cody felt terrible that he had to work and couldn't take care of us but we're saving up travel time for Christmas! Very important. I've realized however that having any kind of sickness with a kid is a very different ball of wax from "life before baby." I can't lie on the couch all day: the boy's got to eat, laundry doesn't wash itself, and the dog needs some attention. I missed not having any family around.
However, it was an exciting week (9/29) for Keegan who decided he's ready to roll over! We were eating dinner and all of a sudden Cody looked over at the couch and Keegan was on his tummy. We were proud parents and thinking how great our son was for his accomplishment when the very next morning my negligence resulted in him rolling right off the couch. He's a fast little thing! He's floor-bound now: no more couches.
The doctor was happy to see him this past Tuesday for his four month check-up. He's 25.5 inches and 15.8 pounds now (barely within the upper limits of the charts). When the doctor checked his circumcision and all his parts, he made an off-hand remark about Keegan's penis which resulted in Keegan razzing his tongue at him. It was very funny, but the party ended when he got his shots so the doctor had the last laugh.
We did get the "ok" for solid foods and it's been fun! So far, he likes carrots and sweet potatoes but makes the funniest face when I give him green beans. He'll eat them but he's not so sure about them. As long as I smile at him, he'll eat it on good faith.
Oh, and did I mention he can grasp his toes now? Where in the world would we be without toes? All the tummy work reaching for them makes him spit up but do you think he'd let go? No. He just tries to reach for BOTH his feet. Oh, well... cheap entertainment.
5 comments:
I hope you're feeling better Liz.
Keegan looked very cute in his swing. I'm sure you'll get lots of use out of it!
This was a great post, Liz! Keegan is sooooo cute!
Keegan is such a cute thing. I don't know when I'll get to met him, but I hope it's soon! Luke rolled off our bed once too, I was sooo sad. He's fine though and I learned my lesson. Neither one of the girls has suffered the same fate!
Everybody has accidents like that and we rarely make the same mistake twice! But that little butterball sure is getting cute. I'm sorry that you were sick, it is really hard when you're alone.
I really like your posts. They are very news!!
Keegan is so sweet! Daphne rolled off the bed too, but she never started to climb up on things like Harry, Owen, and now Daisy!!! They have had their share of spills, because of that! We just found Daisy crawling all around the couch this morning, and we were accusing Daphne of putting her up there. Then we realized that she has figured out how to climb up the footstool and then up on the couch! She has become so wild too fast!
Post a Comment