+

Friday, November 14, 2008

Cribbing

For all you horse lovers out there, you'll like this. You might have heard of "cribbing," an injurious habit in which a horse bites its manger and as a result swallows air. I've been noticing curious divots on the tray of Keegan's highchair and I couldn't think of when I'd banged his tray around to cause such dents. Silly mom, I have years of investigative crime solving ahead it seems. Last night I figured it out. See below:

So yeah, Keegan's "cribbing." Just kidding, I realize he's teething but I thought it looked an awful lot like what horses do. Keegan couldn't wait while I warmed up his dinner last night. I laughed so hard when I turned around and he had this "die tray!" look on his face as he launched himself at it. Oh, boy. Keegan's very serious about his food. His panics if you pause longer than necessary to reload the spoon with his favorite goodies. Again, see below:

But as things normally go when the bowl's empty and he realizes mom is not going to refill it, he tells me how much he enjoyed the last session of feeding his bottomless tummy. This kid is going to be an insatiable eater, I fear. Hopefully, the cribbing will stop soon.

5 comments:

millie said...

So funny! Keegan looks super cute in these photos!

Mary and Gary said...

I personally think its a lie that all babies are cute, but Keegan definitaly is adorable. Just look at those blue eyes! He'll be a tough farmer throwing hay bales before you know it! :)

Alissa Nicolau said...

Very cute Lizzie!

Audra said...

Hahahaha! What a funny post, and Keegan is SO cute (and I don't say it if I don't mean it!!)

KristyKay said...

He'll keep you laughing from now on. It helps when they have bad days...see your sister's blogs for this week's disasters. Cute pumpkin!