+

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Young Women In Excellence HELP!

Okey dokey... I've been putting this off for weeks because I'm not crafty. As first counselor, Young Women In Excellence Night is my bag. I brainstormed with the girls and we came up with "In His Footsteps" as our theme and it's all centered around the girls' "soles"... i.e. shoes, ya know? Soooo, the girls are not coming up with anything fun for decorations and here I am a week away from the evening.

Here's what I know so far: the colors are pink and purple, we're using shoes and fruit by the foot for table decorations, a potato bar is being served, the girls are cutting out footprints for the ground (all in the gym, mind you), circle tables for eating, rectangle tables along walls to display the girls' value projects (I really hope they show up with their value projects), and easels displaying posters with saying things like "don't let your standards slip" (slippers), etc. I have a budget of $60 so... yeah... I'm probably going to end up paying for the decorations.

IDEAS? You can call me to chat. I've been over a few craft websites but I'm looking for cute ideas to spruce things up and make the gym look not so much like a gym!

4 comments:

Alissa Nicolau said...

Lizzie -

I just saw on Noggin that Toot & Puddle are premering on 11/16 at like 7pm here! What are they thinking??? I remember that you liked those books. You could start taping episodes!

Lizzie Bingham said...

I LOVE Toot & Puddle! I'm also in love with Skippyjon Jones at the moment. I think with your chihauhaus, Ali, Hugo would like these books too.

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

Sorry Liz. I can't think of anything either. Young Womens is soooo hard. Sorry.

millie said...

We watched a Toot & Puddle special last christmas and the kids really liked is, so we're EXCITED!!

have you tried looking at ideas on sugardoodle or the idea door??? good luck